Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio (and a manicure!!!)

First my nails, because I'm in looooooooooove. Yesterday I stopped by Sally to see if they had the new Orly collection, and they did, so I got the polish I wanted from it, the green glitter called Here Comes Trouble. I also found Ancient Jade from the spring collection on sale for $1.99, so even though I have a bunch of mint green polishes already, I snatched it up. Plus I bought my first Finger Paints polish, a purple glitter named Purple Palette (I can't find any mention of Purple Palette, or swatches of it, anywhere online, so maybe it's new?) Tomorrow Five Below opens in my area, so I'll be getting my very first Funky Fingers polishes (repackaged Color Club) and I'm super excited because the bottles look adorable in photos. Plus, 3 for $5 is awesome!

Here is today's manicure, Orly-Ancient Jade with an accent nail of Orly-Here Comes Trouble. I love accent nails because I'm incredibly indecisive.
























Here Comes Trouble is quite possibly my favorite green glitter yet. It's two different sizes of a grassy green glitter in a sheer green jelly base. Yum yum.


Today's song is hard, because I don't listen to music on the radio. I either listen to my ipod, or Chicago Public Radio if I'm in the car, and at home I listen to itunes on my computer, or CDs or records. No music radio ever. The last song I likely heard on the radio was from Sound Opinions or A Prairie Home Companion, and I can't remember what it was. I hear the powdered milk and rhubarb pie songs on A Prairie Home Companion pretty regularly, but I'm not sure those count. I did hear this song on A Prairie Home Companion a few times, and fell in love. This is Crayola Doesn't Make a Color for Your Eyes by Kristin Andreassen. It's swoonworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment