Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lookie here! I'm back!

I got burnt out on daily posts, and had a string of disappointing manicures, so I neglected posting. Since only two people read this, I don't think it's a big deal that I took some me time. Today I'm going to post my last three songs (to get that crap done) and my new manicure using the Kleancolor Crack polish in Red Crackle. It's fantastic!

Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
I feel guilty for still liking Modest Mouse even though dude was accused of being a rapist. I feel the same way about liking Rosemary's Baby, except Polanski is a convicted rapist who skipped sentencing.


Day 29 – A song from your childhood
I'm a Muppet fanatic. I'm going to break my OPI no buy (since they were bought by a company that tests, their products still aren't tested, and the ingredients are vegan, but I try to boycott them to avoid giving money to Coty) to buy the Muppet glitters this winter. I might skip family Thanksgiving to see the new movie on opening day. I want a Miss Piggy tattoo, and if we ever have a kid, the hubs and I are doing the nursery in a Muppet theme, as he loves Muppets too. My favorite Muppet movie is the Great Muppet Caper. This song makes me super happy, which is fitting, since it's about the Happiness Hotel.


Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year
I listened to Bratmobile a lot last summer. This song is super good.



And now, my nails!
Kleancolor Crack polish in Red Crackle over Studio M-French Tip. The Kleancolor Crack polishes are really weird, a lot like how I remember the old Cover Girl crackles working. They don't smell like anything, they crack really slow, and you have to apply them over nail polish that is still semi-wet and sticky or they just flake off. They're really hard to clean up off my cuticles even with pure acetone, they don't dissolve, but peel and flake off like plastic. When I swatched this and their Teal Crackle on my swatch wheel I used my regular top coat (Beauty Secrets) and the polish made the top coat matte/plastic-y, which has never happened before, and you have to use top coat or the crackle flakes off, so for my actual manicure I used a coat of Revlon Quick Dry top coat I had laying around underneath my Beauty Secrets top coat, and got a nice glossy manicure. Even with all the work, and the strange formula, it was worth it. I love this manicure, and I think I like these crackles more than the newer type ones from China Glaze and OPI. Plus, I bought the Kleancolor Crack polishes for $1.99 each. ♥





















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment