Tuesday, May 10, 2011

oops, life got the best of me

So I had to stop taking all vitamin and herbal supplements for some medical testing I have coming up, and that includes the valerian root I take ever night to fall asleep, so my sleep is off and weird, and it has me a bit frazzled. I totally forgot to post a song yesterday, so today I'll post two (and yes, it's still Tuesday for me, as I haven't gone to bed yet, I'm ignoring all technicalities.)

Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
I feel like the song subjects are getting redundant. Maybe I'm missing nuances, but I already did a song that makes me happy, now it's a song I listen to when I'm happy, which doesn't seem like a massive difference. I'm beginning to regret starting this song challenge (I'm a quitter by nature, I get bored halfway through everything.) Anyway. I like driving around the in country, which I do pretty often since I live in a tiny farming community, and have to drive in order to get groceries or clothes or nail polish or basically anything. Technically, I like being the passenger while my husband drives, especially on days where the sky is bright blue and the sun is shining and the cows and sheep and horses are all out on the farms. I like to watch the fields roll away from the road, and the horses flicking their tails. I get really blissed out. It feels like I'm exactly where I'm meant to be, and I feel really at peace. When I feel like that I inevitably put on Carnavas by the Silversun Pickups. It's my bliss album.


Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
I'm a bit of a cliche. I like the songs everyone likes when they're sad, you know, the Smiths, the Cure, 90s emo. So here's my favorite Smiths song.


I've been so out of it I hadn't changed my polish since I last posted. I did do my nails tonight, but I want to wait for sunlight tomorrow for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment