Saturday, May 14, 2011

My very first glitter jelly gradient

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I worked on it for almost all of Empire Records last night. It's (from light to dark) Ruby Kisses-Baby Blue which is a sheer very lightly tinted blue to almost be clear base with teal and silver glitter, Chine Glaze-Blue Iguana which is a glass flecked blue jelly with flashes of teal and purple, and China Glaze-Dorothy Who? which is a medium blue jelly packed full of silver glitter. I used two thick coats of top coat to give it a thick, clear, shiny, almost gel nail quality. I'm totally obsessed with this manicure, and sad I have to take it off tonight, but I promised Dan he could pick what polish I wear to his graduation, and he didn't pick this. Pardon the dog hair on my finger in the first two photos, I didn't see it til I loaded the pictures.
























I don't have a song for today. It's supposed to be Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument, and although once upon a time I could play Three Blind Mice on the recorder, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on one of those pocket sized electronic pianos, I doubt I could play either now, decades later. So marvel at my glitter nails, and ignore my lack of talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment