Thursday, April 21, 2011

a nubby mani, a song, and news

I'll start with today's song, Day 04 – A song that makes you sad
My first love and probably my best friend ever died of cancer when he was only 22. I'm tearing up just writing this. I have a small blue heart tattooed on my wrist with his first name initial in it. When he was sick I would listen to Guernica by Brand New a lot. It felt like I felt. Now when I hear it I get sad because I miss him, but I still listen because I love the song, and it reminds me of him. It's actually funny though, he was a total music snob, and was into all these obscure punk and metal bands nobody else had heard of, and would totally make fun of me for listening to sissy emo shit.



Onto happier subjects though, I did a new manicure. I had to file my nails down to nubs because of the break the other day, and I think my new nubs guided me to a pretty/ugly punk rockin' mani.





















Wet n Wild-Lust topped with China Glaze-Black Mesh crackle and Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love Matte top coat.

Why am I holding rice vegan cheese you ask? Well, that's my news, me and the hubs have returned to veganism, hopefully fingers and toes crossed we can stick to it this time. Because <begin rant> if you want to live in a world without rape and murder, you shouldn't contribute to the rape and murder of animals, and as a feminist I'm not ok with forcibly impregnating cows, then ripping their young away from them and stealing their milk <end rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment