Tuesday, April 5, 2011

possibly up and running

I've been busy swatching my entire collection onto nail wheels, all 162 bottles (including the new ones shown here.) I'm having a great time doing it and getting to experience my collection as it really looks and all in one place, I'm actually sad to almost be done, I'm on my final drawer, the miscellaneous polishes, pinks, reds, yellows, oranges, greens, blues, and purples are all finished. I can't fully finish until this weekend though, as I don't have enough wheels to finish. When everything is done I'll likely post photos.

Dan picked up a charger and some rechargeable batteries on his way home from school today, so I have some photos to share of the manicure I'm about to take off (now with added tip wear!)  along with photos of my birthday haul also courtesy of the husband, and my birthday cake all lit up at my mom's house. Shall we?


















Dan did the candles, it looks awesome, like Miss Piggy's sparkler tiara during the water ballet scene in the Great Muppet Caper (Muppet nerd here.) The big three uh-oh isn't bad so far. I did feel a bit like Molly Ringwald in 16 Candles though, expecting to look or feel different, but being basically the same. *shrug*

Here's my manicure as of the past few days. Never mind the tip wear, I'm changing my polish later anyhow to Estee Lauder Ultra Violet




















Butter London-Victoriana with a Wet n Wild-Wild Card accent nail.


Now for the really good stuff, my birthday haul courtesy of my rad fella-
first up six polishes from Etude House out of South Korea. The bottles are super cute and the polishes are all very cool. The site we ordered from closed a few weeks after this order arrived, so these are now very much hard to find in the US


















L-R Etude House-BL009 (a shimmery blue and green duochrome, this reminds me of a peacock's tail,) Etude House LUCIDarling-05 (a pale semi-sheer mint green with a subtle shimmer)


























L-R Etude House-PP007 (a light pink toned purple scattered holo,)
Etude House LUCIDarling-02 (magenta toned purple glitter with small and medium round, and medium star shaped holo glitter)


























L-R Etude House WH004 (a black jelly with a color shifting shimmer that looks like an oil slick, I can see blue, green, gold, purple and pink in the bottle. AMAZING. A bit like Sinful Colors-What's Your Name in concept, but this blows that polish out of the water. I don't know that I've seen a dupe for this,)
Etude House-WH012 (a true black jelly scattered holo, this is again an amazing color)



These two you should be able to get your hands on, the MAC is from Dan, the Estee Lauder was bought with money from my grandma























L-R MAC Wonder Woman-Obey Me (a true red cream,)
Estee Lauder-Ultra Violet (a deep red toned purple shimmer that in the bottle shows flashes of pink and gold, I'll be wearing this and taking photos later)

And for good measure, another birthday cake photo

No comments:

Post a Comment