Saturday, April 23, 2011

swanky

Veganism is going great so far, and most importantly has been super delicious. Delicious is my favorite flavor.

Today's manicure is one of the fancy way too expensive for me to buy myself Chanel polishes I got from my in-laws for my birthday. I have to say that though the color is gorgeous and incredibly unique, I wasn't blown away with the Chanel formula. It was thick, sticky, and had a fair amount of bubbling, something I very rarely get at this point. Luckily my Beauty Secrets top coat smoothed most the bibbling out. The color makes up for everything though, I love the signature Chanel hidden shimmer.


















Chanel-Black Pearl (holding my bottle of Orly Bonder because I already put away the polish and I'm too lazy to traipse across the house to fetch it.)

Today's song is Day 06 – A song that reminds you of somewhere
When I was a little kid I was already pretty introverted and awkward. Even though I had friends, I often played alone. Before my parents divorced and we moved we had a long driveway that ran up along the side of our house. I would put on my walkman and roller skate or skateboard in the driveway for hours listening to the Beach Boys and a compilation tape of surf rock we got at a gas station or car wash or somewhere else you would get Rhino Records style compilation cassettes. I had an obsession with California surf culture as kid/early tween despite living in the rust-best Midwest.  I wore baggy board shorts and tie dye and listened almost entirely to surf rock and used valley girl slang and a put-on valley girl accent I learned from cartoons. On my surf rock compilation tape was this song

I Live for the Sun by the Sunrays. Even in my alt rock adolescence I still put this on mix tapes because it's that good. It also will forever remind me of my childhood driveway in the late afternoon in late summer, where the sun is filtered through the trees and it's shadowy and green. Carefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment